Thursday, October 10, 2013

Who Has Time?

It is sad when I resort to writing my blog at work because it's my down time.
What is my world coming to?
My prep teaching middle school is my down time.....
Lord.
If I try to recap since my last blog, I will be here until midnight..
I have conferences and I'm basically here until midnight anyway, but I have to meet with students and parents, and I can't say "Excuse me, I am trying to catch up on my writing; can you just wait, and I will talk to you later about your progress?"
I would get fired.
Except then I would have a lot of time to catch up on my writing...........so.....
Anyway..
I ran my 10K last weekend.
I shouldn't say that..it wasn't the Melissa 10K..that sounds horrible.
It was a Twin Cities 10k and I raised money for Juvenile Diabetes so I felt like it was a 10k for Keegan. It went really well and I came in 31st in my age group and this was probably because I am old and no one over 40 runs, but I am happy about this and so eff it.
My odds will continue to improve the older I get because I only saw one really old lady running and she will be dead by the time I'm her age, so I should be in first place in about 15 years!!
This is good because I've never won first place in my life. I know Will is going to say I won "first prize" when I married him, but he didn't give me a medal or a trophy and he has like 800 in the garage and until he gets me my own first place trophy it doesn't count.
I want a first place trophy.
Or a tiara.
These things are important.
Kieran finally has a tooth.
And Keegan lost one.
Don't you think this is something that both my sons did this at the SAME time?
And Maren has had about 4 time outs at daycare.
I felt very sad about this yesterday because I don't think it's all Maren's fault. I think Maren gets lost in the shuffle a little bit, and I think she's her own woman.  I'm very proud of her for being strong-willed and independent but I suppose it's not fun for her daycare lady all the time.
"Maren you be nice at daycare today."
"Momma you be nice at school today."
See? I think this is hilarious!
Maybe other people don't see the hilarity..sigh.

No comments: