Saturday, December 26, 2015

Goodbye From the Other Side

A year after I published the piece about Will asking for a divorce, I am on the other side.

It's a terrible place to be. I don't recommend it to anyone.  But I also didn't ask for your judgment. I will tell you that no one, absolutely no one, can no what it's like to walk in another man's moccasins until you have..and if you haven't read Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech, then you should really get that book...I digress.


In any case, I am ending this blog, and I couldn't just walk away from it without saying something. I can't go back and read my entries right now. It's too painful. There are so many memories. So many funny breath catching moments. They are for our children. They are for Will and I too.

Nothing is in vain. I don't believe that.

Right now, though, I do wonder WHY a lot.

We are both at fault, and so is circumstance.
People can never talk too much or take too many vacations or laugh or find the "lightness" in the heaviness of everyday things. Never.

Be careful what you complain about and be careful what you brag about.

I've never known two stronger passionate people than Will and I. Never.


Goodbye.

No comments: