Friday, June 20, 2014

Party!!!!!!!

Ok so Will and Keegan and Grandpa Gary just headed out the door.
I did have Grandpa extract the dead bird from his front grill first.
"Oh, I noticed that yesterday. That's right."
"Well, do you think you could get it out of there before the kids see it? Because they are going to have a super shit fit if they see a mangled bird on the front of your car."
It's the little things..

Maren and Kieran are sleeping.
Tomorrow is Maren's 4th birthday party, and other than running this morning (let's not get too hung up on that-it happens about once a week) we have been working like fools trying to get the house ready.
With 3 small children, the house gets cleaned aboooouuuuut 15% of the time..
You want to judge that shit?
Have 3 little kids running around all the time.  Then we'll see how the tables turn.

I spent an hour vacuuming cat litter out of crevices in the downstairs bathroom. If some 4 year old notices, I will eat my wine bottle, but I did it anyway.

Will spent an hour prying a dead smooshed tree frog from  between the two sliding glass doors.
"I'm gonna puke. This is disgusting. I'm gonna throw up."
We couldn't figure out what the hell smelled so rancid every time we came inside from sitting by the pond.
"What smells?"
"I just took a shower, Will. It is NOT me. I am on a good shower schedule now, you know this."
I mean we went about 3 weeks before Will figured it out.
I kind of think Will miiiight have spent a lot of time down in the basement sniffing.....
Anyway, we must have killed him one night coming back inside in the dark.
I feel horrible for the tree frog because we all know I LOVE FROGS, but he's punished us with his disgusting permeating corpse odor, so I think it's all even now.

We have more adults than children coming to the party  and it seems like this happens a lot before kids hit 6, but as we all know, after Kieran was born, something died in my brain, and that would be the: "I give a shit"-synapse, so everyone is going to have to eat pizza and suck on applesauce pouches because I vacuumed cat litter out of crevices today, and I am NOT making an adult meal for the birthday party.
I will, however, provide booze, so I am hoping that no one will notice they aren't eating applesauce with spoons,  and will just be happy that they are getting a beer.

Maren Vada is an absolute friggin' nightmarical hoot.  And yes, that is a new phrase.
She is the most beautiful devilish 4 year old girl on the planet, and I literally sit back and cackle thinking about what her teachers are going to do when she hits kindergarten in two years.
They are either going to quit, or write inspiring novels.
I love how independent and clever and funny she has become this year.  She loves her grandparents to DEATH and has pieces of every SINGLE one of them in her. What is absolutely WONDERFUL is that some of the strongest bits are those that come from her grandpa's that aren't even blood related. Now doesn't that just prove nurture over nature-ha!
I do see my Grandma Loretta in her and this makes me both sad and very very happy because I know that she and Maren would have kicked up their heels together a lot.
Maren looks loveliest in pink.

I need to get back to mopping.  Look, let's not kid ourselves. It's paper towels and windex.
WHY WOULD I MOP WHEN THEY ARE JUST GOING TO WALK ON IT IN HALF AN HOUR?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I give a shit-synapse...Fried.

Cheers to a great party!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cheers... to the party, and to your writing...