Friday, October 17, 2014

The Amish Love Velveeta

I don't have time for a cool title..it will make sense in a second.
Will and Keegan went to Menards, Target, and to get a haircut.
If I hurry, I can get this all in.
He has the check card, so I'm banking on some extra time at Menards.

I am so thrilled at this moment.
I have been invited to an annual Soup Swap.
Listen, I have been trying to get on the guest list for TWO years and finally I am IN!
You know me and how much I hate sh*t like that normally.
A bunch of women I don't know all topping each other with their braggy junk AND on top of THAT:  SWAPPING SOUP??!!  LORD!
But look, I am so intrigued with the whole idea, I just can't stand it!  I HAVE to be there! So finally, finally I am IN!
I wouldn't even be CONSIDERING it IF there wasn't wine, but BRING WINE is part of the invitation along with 6 QUARTS OF YOUR FAVORITE SOUP TO SWAP!
Will LOVES the idea because he is a soup maniac, and the idea that I am going to come home with 6 different kinds of soup is almost more than he can stand. HOMEMADE at that!
Me:  I just want to go and check this whole rigamarole out!
Yes!
Truthfully the gals that host it are super cool and laid back, and if I showed up with 6 cans of Chunky Noodle, or whatever,  they wouldn't care, but it's the WHOLE other list of people that are just fascinating to me.
I don't know ANY OF them!  Ooooh! I LOVE that!
I can just sit back, sip my wine and listen!
It's a blogger's paradise!
"I didn't even HAVE time to make this soup! Donald had to do it! I mean I COULD have done it, I can do anything, but I ran 54 half-marathons in the last month! My sister and law and I are trying for a World's Record!"
"I was up until 3 am scrapbooking with MY neighbor. I have the kids' books done until they're 23!  I know! I know! They're only 3 and 6, but I might as well get ahead! Now I have time to get the re-siding done on the house."
"I'm knitting blankets for all of the penguin orphans in Antarctica with two of MY NEIGHBORS, so that took us until 5 am!  I just haven't slept since LAST YEAR!!!"
"ANYWAY,  Donald pushed the kids for 4 of my halfs, but I was so worried about my pace, I just can't run with him!  ANYWAY, my soup is  quinoa gluten-free, fat free, salt free carb-free, and uh-oh!  I don't even think it's soup! Ahahahha! It's just water! Oh well! Enjoy!!!"

Lord! It's going to be awesome!!!  Sip, listen, sip, nod, sip, nod..sip ...sip..sip...
Meanwhile, are you ready for this??
MY SOUP:  Amish Hamburger Potato CHEESE Soup
Ingredients:  carrots, onions, celery, potatoes, chicken broth, hamburger AND VELVEETA!!
WHAT THE??
The Amish use Velveeta???
I LOVE IT!
How do they buy it???
At the store?  Do they really go into the Cub in LaCrosse and BUY Velveeta for THIS SOUP recipe?????
I am THRILLED with this idea!
Our Western ways have gotten to them! They need Velveeta for their Amish Hamburger Potato CHEESE soup!
Ok I will calm down.
Can you imagine what my soup is going to look like in QUART jars next to the carb-free, gluten-free, salt-free quinoa water soup???
AHHHHHHHH!
Ok so I will check in with you after the soup swap, but sometimes I just have to love this sh*t for my own entertainment.  I do!!!!!

No comments: