Saturday, March 01, 2014

What Can I Say?

My girlfriend's husband has stage IV cancer. When someone is that sick, you know that anything you say is never going to be enough. There are not words that really make a difference. Each day when she comes to work, I feel like my job as her friend is just to be there. Maybe for the time we are at work together we can talk about "other" stuff like shoes or purses or shit, booze.  Maybe we can talk about her hubby if she feels like it. Maybe we laugh, or we feel sad or maybe we just feel pissed off.  I am not in her closest tier of friends.  She has people that are much tighter in her circle, but I think that she knows ( I hope anyway) that I would move the earth for her and her family, if I could.  I love her and I admire her and I want peace and relief and love for her and everyone that she loves.

There is nothing worse in this world than suffering. Nothing.
And that should just be THE statement.
I should get a copyright. RIGHT NOW.
Suffering is awful.
But, I don't think anyone should get to judge anyone else's pain.
Yours is not worse than mine is not worse than the next person's, etc. etc.
If it hurts, it hurts dammit.
If it's difficult, then it's gol damn difficult.
Who is anyone else to decide?
My wish more than anything is that people would take a deep breath and realize that NO ONE has cornered the market on pain.
We need to be gentle with each other.
A lot of us are suffering.
I think that some of us are doing so silently.
Let's be careful with each other.
Ok?





No comments: