Monday, July 29, 2013

Hop On!

I realize I have 21 seconds before Kieran wakes up from his nap because I wasted the whole 45 minutes of Morning Nap Time on Facebook. GUH! Why do I do that??!!  I would never make it in any kind of _______ Anonymous Group. I am a quitter of quitting. Obviously if I'm on Facebook again. It's like crack for me..
 See, I told you. He just woke up.  If I play my cards right, I can pump out about 45 more sentences of meaningless drivel, and he will talk in his crib and then he will want bananas, so I have to hurry.
I haven't blogged much lately and mainly it's because I'm so busy and I've been going through some renovations and haven't had much inkling to write. I have all kinds of ideas for a novel. And sometimes I think I should save every text message I've gotten because if I could write a novel solely in text messages, it could really be a best seller.
But, I erase most of them.
And my memory is horrible. So I am just going to have to make up my novel and hope that Kelly and Rebecca will fill in the blank spots.
We bought Keegan's kindergarten supplies and it cost more than our car payment, so I am pretty sure that we are going to have to  get second jobs this year to finance his PUBLIC education, but I figure once I get back to school, I can start skimming off the top a little bit.
Of course, middle schools really don't keep a large supply of 24 count boxes of crayons, 8 pack washable markers and SHARPENED #2 pencils.  I really thought Will was going to have to take a whole pack of pencils to work and sharpen them by hand until I found the PRE- SHARPENED pencils for $4.00 a pack. $4.00 A PACK!!! That's half the cost of a bottle of wine, people!!!
Once I go back to school, I'm just going to make my homeroom kids do it.
"Mrs. Williams, why are you making me sharpen all these pencils?"
"It's for my kid over at kindergarten! Now just do it! You're saving me $3.50!!"
On a serious note, I am so excited for Keegan to start school, but I am cautious and nervous and protective. This is kind of the beginning and it's also the beginning of the end.
I can't be there to filter out those kids who know words like: boner (another blog, it's Maren-sigh) and all the four letter words and what they really mean..."Mom just said shit..it's just a silly world that only Mom's say when they almost hit the garbage can backing out of the driveway. Daddy's don't need to know that Mommy's say that word..let's go buy a treat!"
Anyway, it's scary and wonderful and it's a whole new ride.  Again.
Dang. How many rides are at this amusement park???!!!

No comments: