Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Carrier Me Away..

Oh my Lord..
I am living my life in recurring events..
Do you remember the melt down I had about carriers and wraps and slings and lions and tigers and bears with Maren??
My girlfriend Moriah showed up at Caribou with her daughter in that damn Moby all wrapped and tethered and India-princess-looking and I just HAD to go buy one because it was SURE to work for Maren. I spent like 14 hours of my life trying to wrap 65 feet of material around my 4 foot 11 frame, totally forgetting that Moriah is like two feet taller than me. And Maren was squashed like an old Nerf football and she screamed and screamed and I sobbed? And Will disappeared to the basement? And I ended up cursing Moby for quitting his day job of making weird music to go into the baby wrapping business and ended up selling it on Craigs list????
DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, I am at it again.
Only this time it's the Ergo. As in Ergonomic for your baby's posture or some shit like that.
And true to form, it does NOT fit my short frame, but dammit to hell, I am going to MAKE that mother effer FIT me. So I spent three hours on You Tube this morning watching How To videos and I would like to announce to  EVERYONE out there that might doubt me (Will, I love you, but I heard you laughing in the bathroom) that I DID IT!!
And the baby SLEPT in it for like 10 minutes....................until I had to pee, and wasn't sure you were supposed to sit down with him in case of squashing AGAIN.
I have to wrap the straps around myself like 5 times and it probably would be a pain to put on a Target, but I have already established as of yesterday that Target runs will be few and far between as I seem to time them RIGHT when he gets hungry and the pharmacist looked at me like I was a devil mother......thanks, guy...
Sooo...at least I will be able to wear Kieran while I herd the children into bed (oh what a joy THAT was last night-another blog, another time). I am feeling optimistic, I am feeling successful, and I am NOT going to post it on facebook, I am just going to revel in my own blog-ness).



No comments: