Friday, August 24, 2007

Spoon Fed





There is a kid at daycare that is wayyyyyy nosier than Keegan..
Everytime I drop my son off there HE is with a question:
"Why are you dressed like that?"
"I am going jogging."
"How come you have that thing on your hand?"
"I have to wear a brace."
"Why do you have a band-aid?"
GOD! Isn't that way worse than a baby who just won't nap on his first day? I think maybe my daycare lady wants to KNOW stuff and so maybe she just pimps this kid into asking things..when he starts getting personal: "How much do you pay in property taxes?" THEN I will know she's behind it!

Well...it was a big night the other night...Keegan had his first bite of food on a spoon...or so I thought...
We fed him rice cereal..this is a BIG deal in the baby raising world..this is called "solids". That is a big fat lie. There is nothing solid about it. French fries are solid. Pizza is solid. Rice cereal is mush. They should just call it "mush" and stop getting our hopes up. It wasn't much different than his formula except that you give it to him on a special long-handled spoon..spoons that you have to buy "specially," so it's probably a scam. Anyway, he had his first solid mush and it tasted like cream of wheat. He told me. NO..I tried it. And he loved it! And he was really good with the spoon.
We were very proud parents.
"Will, I can't believe how great he's doing with this! I mean look how well he's handling this spoon! According to the baby bible they don't always get the hang of it right away! He is really brilliant!"
"Yeah, yeah he is. Or it could be the fact that I've been feeding him my ice cream for the last month."

Will makes me laugh every day. I recommend you find someone like that when you get married. It really is the best. Honestly.

But I don't think he was kidding about the ice cream.

No comments: